- Wednesday, 10 PM - go to bed
- Thursday, 8 AM - wake up, realize going into work is NOT happening
- Thursday, 8:20 AM - email work to say I'll be working from home
- Wednesday, 8:30 AM - retrieve my work computer and get settled into working from my bed for the day
- Thursday, 10 AM - wonder if I should throw in the towel and use a sick day for the rest of the day. Look at my inbox and realize that's going to leave a few people in quite a lurch, keep working.
- Thursday, 12 PM - emerge from bed, realize I am starving, inhale two bowls of Froot Loops. I was so congested and so hungry that I managed to make myself short of breath while eating. New accomplishment for my life.
- Thursday, 5 PM - end my work day, get out of bed to shower and get ready for Skype interview I have for a part-time job
- Thursday, 5:55 PM - realize that this interview may very well be a disaster, as I can barely sit upright without getting kind of woozy, either from the cold or the medicine
- Wednesday, 6 PM - decide to fake the persona of an alert, competent person during the interview and hope for the best
- Thursday, 6:20 PM - receive the notification that I will be advanced to the next round of consideration for the part-time job, breathe a congested sigh of relief
- Thursday, 6:35 PM - change out of my interview clothes and back into PJs
- Thursday, 6:45 PM - inhale two more bowls of Froot Loops. (What can I say? I was hungry but nothing sounded appetizing. The cereal was easy and convenient.)
- Thursday, 6:50 PM - watch an episode of The Newsroom with Billy, trying not to doze off toward the end
- Thursday, 7:40 PM - back into bed for the night
- Thursday, 7:55 PM - knocked out courtesy of my nighttime meds
- Friday, 8 AM - wake up and realize I have spent about 31 out of the past 34 hours in bed. Have mixed reactions to that revelation.
The good news in all of this? I'm sick now which I'm choosing to think means there's a very tiny chance I will still be sick when we finally go on our Mexican getaway in a few weeks. In case you were wondering, which I'm sure you ALL were, we opted to go with Option 1. So in just a few more sleeps, we'll be looking at sights like this one:
And to that I say PLEASE AND THANK YOU.